Differential equations

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Dec 11 09:35:25 EST 2002

"Luca Bruderer" <dodo_imp at hotmail.com> writes:

> Is there a module that provides a function to do differential
> equations in python, for example: func(2x^3+3x-10,x) returns a
> string or anything else like "6x^2+3". I googled around but I
> couldn't find anything.

The hard part of stuff like this is parsing the string "2x^3+3x-10".
If you can convince yourself you can live with Lisp's prefix notation,
writing this sort of thing is dead easy in scheme or CL...

I don't know of anything off hand in Python, sorry.

Cheers,
M.

--
  And not only in the sense that they imagine heretics where these do
  not exist, but also that inquistors repress the heretical