Newbie question - please don't hate me

stibbs stibbs at nothanks.foo
Sun Dec 1 19:27:06 EST 2002

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:59:05 -0500, Cory McPhee wrote:

> In his tutorial on Python programming Richard Baldwin says "You will
> need to cause the directory containing the file named python.exe to be
> listed in your system environment variable named path."
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me how I should go
> about doing this in Windows XP, or even just point me to where I can
> find out how to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Cory

now i don't use windows but i do believe windows associates the file with
the program that should run it by extension and i think windows should
hanfle all the rest by itself. so make a test.py and double click it. you
might want it to show a tkinter box to make sure since i think that if
it's a non gui script on win the dos prompt will just flash by for a split
second, so even if the script ran fine you won't be able to tell if it's a
non gui script.