Acrimony in c.l.p.

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 23 06:14:14 EST 2002

Neal Norwitz:
> I'm curious what you would put in the category of additional complexities?
>
> Note that the complaint that Python has moved too fast has been taken to
> heart for Python 2.3.  The release will be over a year since 2.2 came out
> and will contain no new major features.

Speaking only for myself, I'm much more comfortable with the changes
for 2.3 as compared to earlier releases.  I still don't know about
metaobjects, nor the nuances of deriving from types, or the new
getattribute bits.  I haven't yet had a project where I could experiment
with them and figure them out.

Compare that to my read of AMK's "What's New in 2.3."  I understood
most everything it talked about and very much enjoyed what you all
have been doing for this release.

Then again, I was one of the "expand and improve the modules"
rather than "expand the language" camp when this issue came up
years ago.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com