autoconf: how to get python_libdir correctly?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Dec 4 11:41:18 EST 2002

Gernot Hillier <ghillie at suse.de> writes:

> <veröffentlicht & per Mail versendet>

Really?  Don't see it.  Never mind.

> > '/usr/lib/python2.2'
> >
> > is my best effort.
>
> Hmmm... Unfortunately, LIBDEST gives me a wrong value here:

> ['/usr/lib/python2.2']

Odd.

> But thanks to your suggestion I read the docu of distutils.sysconfig and
> found:

> '/usr/lib64/python2.2/site-packages'
> '/usr/lib64/python2.2'
>
> What about this? Any reasons not to use this one?

Looks OK to me.

> BTW: Any idea why LIBDEST is wrong?

No, that's very strange.

> I looked into pyconfig.h and it doesn't contain DEST or LIBDEST at
> all. Is it possible that python uses some (wrong) default in this
> case?

Python picks the variable out of the Makefile.  If I read the Makefile
correctly, it installs the Python standard library to $(LIBDEST),
which makes me wonder how your installation got installed...

Cheers,
M.

--
  If you have too much free time and can't think of a better way to
  spend it than reading Slashdot, you need a hobby, a job, or both.