No macros in Python

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sun Dec 15 17:26:44 EST 2002

I made Physics macros in LISP when I was 18 19 20 or so.  They were way cool.
Made the Physics really easy.  I loved them.  Problem was that by the time
I was done, the astronomy department couldn't read our code.  Actually,
the rest of the physics departments couldn't read our code. We couldn't
share work, we couldn't explain what we were doing, and I wasted 10 months
solving a stupid error which any of the people in solid state physics would
have caught in an instant but which we poor Geophysicists were unfamiliar
with.   My conclusion -- great intentions, lousy idea.

Laura Creighton