debugging into a DLL with embedded Python

Mark Charsley mark.charsley at REMOVE_THIS.radioscape.com
Tue Dec 17 11:08:00 EST 2002

In article <uvuaqasehreq78 at corp.supernews.com>, lbrannma at cablespeed.com
(Lance) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I embedded Python into a DLL that I call from a GAUSS (a matrix
> programming
> language) program. GAUSS passes a string to a C function which, in turn,
> executes Python code.
>
> I would like to debug into the C DLL. I don't need to step into the
> Python code, only the C code.

<SNIP>

The only important thing that python cares about is everything uses the
same C Runtime DLL (i.e. Multithreaded DLL). Apart from that, your DLL can
have whatever debug information and optimisation settings you like.

Try building your DLL in debug mode but with the Multithreaded DLL C
Runtime Library, and you should be able to debug into it with no problems.

HTH

Mark