Python's popularity statistics

Aaron K. Johnson akjmicro at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 22:13:17 EST 2002

In message <3DF7FDD9.97C24548 at alcyone.com>, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> "Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:
>
> > All your points are valid--but as I said elsewhere in this thread, I
> > still
> > contend that the user base of a language is directly proportional, in
> > non-linear fashion, to its usenet activity.
>
> Directly proportional in a non-linear fashion ... hmm ...

Yes...let me be more precise. I'm not saying that there is a coefficient x by
which you can multiply the number of posts to comp.lang.python and get the
magic number of python programmers. What I am saying is that in some real way,
the greater the number of comp.lang.python posts, the greater its overall
presence and use. Dig?

-A.