opening a text document to show a .txt file through a browser link

Whitecrest bp at whitecrestzipzap.com
Mon Dec 30 17:24:29 EST 2002

And the little mushroom said "eat me", eat me"... to which Erik Max
Francis replied......

> We can settle this easily enough:  How do you write a loop in HTML?

Who cares.  Not all programs have a loop.

> No one (I hope) would argue that client- or server-side scripting
> languages _embedded_ in HTML, like VBScript or JavaScript (or Python)
> aren't programming languages.  But HTML itself certainly isn't one,
> anymore than I'm "programming" when I'm formatting paragraphs or
> selecting what should be italicized or embolded in a word processor.

I don't think the issue is if HTML is a programming language or not, but
rather can you be programer of html.  The answer is yes.  I think this
entire discussion is retarded.  Let me explain graphically......

.......   <- those are nits

......  <- look one of the nits is gone!

Someone was nit picking....

You realize the is entire thread started when some newbie said "I was
programing with html"  then several people jumped down his throat
yelling at him "HTML IS NOT A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE  YOU CAN NOT PROGRAM
HTML..." Rather than just answering his question.  I wonder if it made
them feel smart to do that?

Bottom line is you can consider creating HTML pages programming or not,
it doesn't make a rat's ass bit if difference.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
http://www.whitecrestent.com