Newbie problems: python and gnome2

Wouter van Marle wvmarle.no at spam.hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 19:57:44 EST 2002

Hi All!

Recently I started to pick up programming again, now using Python, in
combination with Gnome2 (using GLADE2). Great software.

Now the problems:
- there is NO MANUAL NOR TUTORIAL available! (and yes, I did my googling,
for two days long).
- so no way to figure out how to import glade2 files into my python app
- I did manage to display windows using glade1/gnome1/libglade, but how to
manage the info in it?? I need a manual. At least a really good tutorial.

Most tutorials and so I have seen refer to the GTK reference manual, which
is based on the C calls. Am I really the only hobby programmer who does
really not speak C? And even if I would, how to translate those calls? I
can't even manage to display my window that I designed in glade2.

Can anyone give me some sources to get more information on how to use
gnome2/glade2/python? I am totally stuck at this point. I prefer of course
online documentation, however books are also fine.

Wouter.