Newbie: Proper database for the task?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Dec 26 08:19:40 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1040854742.31258.python-list at python.org>,
Paul Mackinney  <paul at mackinney.net> wrote:
>Armin Steinhoff declaimed:
>> Paul Mackinney <paul at mackinney.net> wrote in message
>news:<mailman.1040763572.18941.python-list at python.org>...
>> > Hi, I'm writing a database
>>
>> Why? I'm using gadfly ... a small SQL data base completely written in Python.
>>
>> Armin
>Thanks, I'll check it out. The short story is that I'm writing software
>intended for redistribution, and don't wish to impose a database
>requirement on users.
			.
			.
			.
I understand your motivation.  The "databases"
most contributors to this thread have mentioned
will *help* your deployment issues, not compli-
cate them; unlike most DBMSs you probably know,
they do NOT involve heavy administration over-
head.  I recommend that you study them a bit
more.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net