Unsung Modules Redux

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Dec 22 22:25:11 EST 2002

[Scherer, Bill]
> I nominate the spread module as my number one unsung module
> (Thanks Guido!). It's easy to use, reliable, and flexible.  I
> have several diffierent things using it, all connecting to
> different channels on the same spread server, which has been
> running without downtime for months.

For those scratching their heads, this isn't part of any Python
distribution, it's here:

    http://www.python.org/other/spread/

It's a wrapper for the Spread distributed communications toolkit available
here:

    http://www.spread.org/

Spread is indeed seriously cool!  Using it via its C interface is also
seriously painful, and life is much easier with the Python wrapper.

> So, what's your favorite unsung module today?

bisect.py.  Everyone needs it and nobody realizes it <wink>.