opening a text document to show a .txt file through a browser link

Sam Hughes me at privacy.net
Sun Dec 29 21:01:08 EST 2002

"Ole Jensen" <ole_jensen at dbmail.dk> wrote in
news:xhHP9.31301$Y2.889 at news2.bredband.com:

> "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela at cs.tut.fi> wrote in message
> news:Xns92F389B6D6C96jkorpelacstutfi at 193.229.0.31...
>> "Ole Jensen" <ole_jensen at dbmail.dk> wrote:
>>
>> > INTRODUCTION to my question
>>
>> Irrelevant, and even misleading:
>>
>> > - - I have for a long time
>> > now wanted to learn how to program
>>
>> HTML is not programming. It's a fairly sure indication that you know
>> _neither_ markup _nor_ programming if you call HTML authoring
>> programming.
>>
> I just want defend myself a little here...

 [(snip)]

Well, further down, you wrote:

>> > for currious people the (tempory) link is:
>> > D:\Programmer\frontpage2K\Sites\Learning to program\programs.htm

One could only assume that you made that Frontpage site for the purpose of
"learning to program [html pages]".  Also, you newbishly posted a path to a
local file and expected us to be able to see it, lowering peoples'
expectations of your knowledge.

But it's true, you didn't call HTML programming.  But you were pretty damn
close :-)