Arguments for using Python

Manuel M. Garcia mgarcia at cole-switches.com
Thu Dec 26 14:13:37 EST 2002

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:31:54 -0000, "Duncan Smith"
<buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello all,
>             I've been developing some prototype software for a government
>organisation.  It is almost entirely in Python.  But it now (after I've done
>most of the work) appears that they would prefer it to be written in Java or
>C.

If they also prefer to *pay* you to re-write it in Java or C, why not!
Since you have a "prototype" in Python, the hardest part is over.

Also, look into Jython.  Since it runs entirely in the Java virtual
machine, it inheirits all of Java's security benefits.  Also, it
integrates nicely in Java, you have access to all Java objects and
third-party packages, and you can write critial parts of your code
directly in Java for a speed boost.

Manuel