My script.

Tetsuo anonymous at nodomain.none
Sat Dec 7 14:28:49 EST 2002

I imported the module into the shell and called the function. (Is that the
only way to make multi-line programs in the shell? I can't figure it out.)
It gave me cicra 550 loops per second at first, then 800, then 1171. How is
that explained? If it's caching, what is cached? (I am generally unfamiliar
with the concept.) But why would the shell do this caching, but not the
IDE?

Zero division? Is it my comp or ActivePython? I wish I could get the
regular kind to run...

You ask what this thing measures? Well, for one, the speed of the "print"
command. On my comp, it's suspiciously slow, and I wanted to know if that's
just how Python works, or if I got screwed over. Also, how different
versions of Python compare, and how much my comp sucks.

It's not too reliable a measure of anything... But those zero divisions
show me that, maybe, Python ain't as slow as this comp makes it look.

I made some cosmetic changes:

    b = 1001
    h = '"I am a bad computer"'
    s = "I'll never misbehave again... :("

    for i in range(b):
        print i + ". I am a bad computer :("

But that gives me an error. What's the correct way to concatenate
variables?