space added before printed line from except block

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 24 19:11:31 EST 2002

Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

> On a different note, I'm wondering why str.join expects a 'list' as an
> argument:
> while os.path.join requires separate arguments... Seems rather
> inconsistent? Anyone?

Simple:  How else could it be?  string.join is inherently a string-based
operation, so it makes sense for it to be a method of string objects.
Consider the alternative, where each possible sequence type (including
ones that you write) must implement a join method ...

It tends to cause people grief at first (though it never bothered me, I
saw the need for it to be where it is right away), but it's really the
only way that makes sense.

/  \ Dead men have no victory.
\__/ Euripides
    Bosskey.net: Aliens vs. Predator 2 / http://www.bosskey.net/avp2/
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.