Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at attbi.com
Sat Dec 21 20:23:33 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 16:04, Paul Foley wrote:
> On 21 Dec 2002 09:03:51 -0800, Cliff Wells wrote:

> >> It's your choice to be nasty in return to something that is _not_
> >> nasty towards you to begin with, but you just love to blame others
> >> for your own behavior, don't you?
>
> > I read your post and it seemed "nasty".  Maybe you didn't intend it that
> > way but I'm not sure how else it could have been read.  I suppose
> > Aaron's post could have been read as humorous just as easily as yours.
>
> I don't know about "humorous", but it did make me laugh.
>
> I don't know how you could read my initial response as "nasty",
> though; it was just a gentle ribbing, I thought.  Are you always so
> quick to impute bad motives to people?

Not at all.  But you should well know that no one can see the smile on
your face or hear your gentle tone when you post on usenet - if you're
saying something that might be misconstrued, use the wink key or soften
the words a bit.

> >> So you are the kind of person who hits and thinks in such terms.
> >> That is valuable to know, but not conducive to your case.
> >>
> >> Just stop defending yourself, and you won't feel under attack,
> >> either, but you make this what you want to make it, and I am
> >> unimpressed with the way you choose to respond.
>
> > I don't think you're in a position to defend yourself either.
>
> I wasn't aware that I was.  I don't think I need defending.

Short memory?  Or just lack of social skills?  Am I to assume from this
point on that you're one of those pocket-protector wearing "geniuses"
with taped up glasses who can write an OS over the weekend but lack the
social skills to stop picking their nose when a pretty girl walks by?
That your entire social existence consists of usenet and a small circle
of dungeon masters who dress up before games and talk to each other in
klingon?  That's the only way I can see that you could possibly claim
ignorance of your misconduct.

Oh, just in case: <0.3 wink>

P.S. Sorry to go on so long with the dork thing, but I was on a roll ;)

--
Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at attbi.com>