Strange Errors with Python-2.2.2

lemonite lemonite at t-online.de
Sat Dec 21 20:16:16 EST 2002

Thanks for your reply.

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:00:22 +0000 jer wrote:
> I can't replicate this on my system, which is largely the same except
> it's a Duron.
>
> My guess would be overly-aggresive optimizations. That's always been the
> problem for me when something wierd that nobody else sees occurs.

I can assure you, that there are no optimizations in place (at least not
while compiling Python (just ./configure && make && make install)). The
problem persists even when Python is compiled with debugging information.
And as I said, with Python-2.1.3 on the same machine, there are no
problems at all.

Kind regards,
lemonite