Switch from perl to python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Dec 15 14:37:07 EST 2002

Mike Meyer wrote:

> > Can I distribute a reliable python/GUI application without including
> > the source (not interested in obfuscation or source filters)?
>
> I assume you could ship the .pyc files, but I'm not sure how well it
> would work.

It works flawlessly, although it doesn't solve the OP's problem if he's
concerned about others "seeing his source" as Python decompilation is
so effective (returning largely everything but the comments).

For what it's worth, we currently deliver the application on one of
our early (embedded) products as .pyc files, though this is mainly
to reduce disk usage and speed up invocation.

-Peter