[shelve] What are the limitations? Entering too many data crashes it on my machine!

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Thu Dec 26 07:53:54 EST 2002

"Thomas Weholt" <2002 at weholt.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:48GN9.3725$CG6.63866 at news4.e.nsc.no...
> Agree. My problems has always narrowed down to an error reported from
bsdb.
> It may be inaccurate , to say the least, to blame it on the shelve-module.
>
> I'll try to force use of gdbm instead in my project and see what happens.

Agreed. And the traceback tells, where the problems really lies:
bsddb.error: (22, 'Invalid argument').

I am an average Pythoneer, so I never was very interested in all that stuff
behunf shelve. I first have to get into all that, e.g. how to force a
different db backend to be used.

Kind regards
Franz