embedding python

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Dec 28 05:34:50 EST 2002

In article <auj1gm$7qe0t$1 at ID-136433.news.dfncis.de>, Alex K.
Angelopoulos <aka at mvps.org> writes
>Python was one of the first non-MS languages to implement Active Scripting, and
>there are a few resources floating around about it on the Internet.  In fact,
>Mark Hammond did a few write-ups on this and his basic material is some of the
>more useful public info I have seen, even though it is now all 4-5 years old.
>Looking for "Hammond", "Python", and "Active Script" should turn up some of
>those.

Well I've actually used the Python.Interpreter com object in the past
and it would almost cover what I need (the Exec method doesn't actually
return anything). It's slightly harder to convince someone to add on an
unknown language & a large extension, but recently we've been able to
freeze win32com python apps so that's not really a problem any longer.

It's also quite easy  to modify and extend such an interface. I suppose
there's no equivalent to the COM functionality on Macs (OS v 9 is
preferred).
--
Robin Becker