How to store the reference of a dictionary element ?

Alfredo P. Ricafort alpot at mylinuxsite.com
Mon Dec 16 23:53:26 EST 2002

Not quite, but I can live with it if there are no more simple solution.

I am really planning to implement the 'values' as list.  They are
actually attributes of a record. But my problem with this code is if I
mistakenly do this:

  a['2']=[22]

instead of

  a['2'][0]=22

then the link would be broken and I would end up with an orphan child in
my linked list. Currently, the number of attributes are not that many so
I can still afford to subscript each element during assignment.