reference book

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 19 10:08:32 EST 2002

"Markus Jais" <info at mjais.de> wrote ...
> Andreas Steffen wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
> > i am looking for the definitive reference for python. Which book would
> > you recommend me.
> > Thanks in advance, Andras.
>
> there is an upcoming "Python in a Nutshell" from oreilly although I do not
> know when it will be published.
>
> there is also "Python Essential Reference " from newriders. quite good but
> does not cover Python 2.2

O'Reily have told me to expect my technical reviewer's copy between now and
the new year, so it must be close now. I have to say Alex has done a pretty
good job of explaining just about every important aspect of Python,
including a LOT of relevant libraries, and it's up-to-date for 2.2.

just-in-time-for-2.3-ly y'rs  - steve
Bring your musical instrument to PyCon!    http://www.python.org/pycon/