Python/Jython, CORBA, OmniORB, Blackdown

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Dec 7 18:26:44 EST 2002

Duncan Grisby <duncan-news at grisby.org> writes:

> As an aside, I think it would make a good exercise for someone to make
> a Jython wrapper around the Java CORBA mapping to the Python CORBA
> mapping, so Jython could use any Jython ORB but with the standard
> Python CORBA mapping. It probably wouldn't be too much work.

There are two implementation strategies for such a thing:
a) you could write an idl->python compiler which wraps the idlj result,
   so you would have to invoke two IDL compilers. This is relatively
   easy to implement (if writing IDL compilers is easy), yet might be
   painful to use.

b) you could write an idl->python compiler which uses the Java
   portable stubs API. This seems much more involved, IMO.

Regards,
Martin