HTMLfmt and genCGI from IPWP

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 10:47:48 EST 2002

Ahh, found a nice old book about python in our library: Internet
Programming with Python, by A. Watters, G. v. Rossum and J. Ahlstrom.
Going to do some CGI programming so the book looks useful.  But...its
Python 2.2.2. now and the book mentions Python 1.3 and 1.4 :-)

The HTMLfmt.py from the book seems to work.  The module looks very
useful, I wonder why it is not in the standard distro?

The genCGI.py from the book does not work: it does::

 import cgi
   cgi.environ
 and later on
              CL = self.environ["CONTENT_LENGTH"]
 so I guess cgi.environ is a dictionary.

Question: is there a genCGI.py that works with python 2.2.2?

'''
A book of quotations... can never be complete.
    -- Robert M. Hamilton, preface, _Canadian Quotations and
       Phrases: Literary and Historical_
'''