Anyone seen a Javascript interpreter in Python?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 11 04:20:34 EST 2002

"Robert Ginda" <rginda at netscape.com> wrote in message
news:at6t7g$d2c$1 at pixie.nscp.aoltw.net...
> If you turn on "Debug->Error Trigger->Trace Errors", you'll notice a...
>
> X Error ``ReferenceError: onUnload is not defined'' [xs] in file

``http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml2?&t=webservices-20&dev-t=VADAX187287&ActorS
earch=shania%20twain&mode=dvd&type=heavy&page=1&sort=+titlerank&f=http://www
.androidtechnologies.com/xsl/test_template_table.xsl'',
> line 8, character 0.
>
> when the page loads, and a...
>
> X Error ``ReferenceError: XMLDocFile is not defined'' [xs] in file

``http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml2?&t=webservices-20&dev-t=VADAX187287&ActorS
earch=shania%20twain&mode=dvd&type=heavy&page=1&sort=+titlerank&f=http://www
.androidtechnologies.com/xsl/test_template_table.xsl'',
> line 222, character 0.
>
> when you click on a link.
>
> I'll bet the reason your breakpoint isn't being hit is because these
> errors stop the script before LinkToDetails is ever called.
>
> No worries, we've all hacked past our bedtime before :)

Rob,

Funny timing with the "past our bedtime" comment.  In the last hour I just
wrote a hundred lines of code and then unwrote 90 lines of it.  Ugh, 4AM,
going to sleep now.  BIG THANKS!  That must have been it.  The Error Trigger
tip is just what I needed.  Do you know how unhelpful Internet Explorer's
JavaScript Intepreter errors are when it's due to a misplaced quote or other
delimiter?  Now I can go back to Venkman. :)

Did you name it after Venkman in Ghostbusters?

G'nite.