File-like filter pattern?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Dec 18 19:51:19 EST 2002

Bengt Richter wrote:

> Below is a preliminary sketch, perhaps to consider? IMO the base
> filter class
> should provide as much as possible for free, and and instance should
> be able to play
> either source or sink roles.

Thanks for your contribution, but I wasn't really asking about _how_ to
implement filters -- after all, that's already been done in EmPy.  I was
just asking if there were some commonly accepted idiom for implementing
push filters that is already common within the Python community; it
would appear not.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't grating against some already
accepted, common convention.

/  \ God does not play dice with the universe.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    Alcyone Systems' Daily Planet / http://www.alcyone.com/planet.html
 A new, virtual planet, every day.