Kees Blom's railroad program (was Re: C source viewer/mapper?)

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Mon Dec 23 09:54:47 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 03:57:19AM +0000, Bengt Richter wrote:
> BTW what is the reference in Python's grammar in the line
>
>     # Commands for Kees Blom's railroad program
>
> Is that like the diagrams in the old Jensen/Wirth Pascal book? I loved it that
> the whole language was diagrammed on on a couple of pages.

Apparently the source for this program is long lost.  If anybody knows
where to find it, they should speak up.

A copy of the *output* of the program, from a very old grammar, is at
	http://archive.dstc.edu.au/python/doc/Railroad.ps
It does look very much like diagrams I recall seeing, possibly of the
grammar of Pascal.

Jeff