'Intellisense' possible for Python?

Greg Brunet gbrunet at nospamsempersoft.com
Wed Dec 18 16:25:50 EST 2002

Coming from a VB background where the IDE allows you to view &
auto-complete all of the properties & methods of an object, it's
disappointing not to have it - at least in the IDE's I've looked into so
far.  While I get this kind of behavior for modules in PythonWin
(automatically) and Boa Constructor (by pressing Ctrl-Space), it doesn't
work for variables.  Is this even possible, given that Python doesn't
declare it's variable?  Does anyone know of an IDE that supports it?

I realize that most (all?) interpreted languages don't require variable
declarations, but the ability to support this 'intellisense' (which can
also display information on function/method call parameters, etc.) is
very helpful - especially when trying to learn a new language and class
libraries.  It seems like it could also help in the area of identifying
errors at 'compile' time, as well as lead to performance improvements.
I saw some stuff on static typing (and checked modules) by searching the
python.org site, but it seems to be a few years old - is there anything
more recent on this?  Thanks,

--
Greg