PEP 303: Extend divmod() for Multiple Divisors

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 31 15:01:32 EST 2002

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> I agree with Martin, I have a preference for the order to be
> the other way.  It comes from thinking about "okay, divide by
> seconds then minutes then hours then days then weeks" like I
> would if I was using divmod by hand.

I didn't really mean that the order is wrong: I do agree with Thomas
that performing the division starting from the right end is fine.

I was merely complaining about the words that explain this.

Of course, since Guido considers the entire feature as bloat, changing
it might not be useful, anymore.

Regards,
Martin