Anyone seen a Javascript interpreter in Python?

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sun Dec 8 17:48:32 EST 2002

"Robert Oschler" <Oschler at earthlink.net> writes:
> Only half-kidding.  Ever tried debugging some complex Javascript code that's
> inserted by an XSL document for XML document processing?  If I woke up
> tomorrow and all the mainline browsers incorporated a Python interpreter I
> would have died and gone to heaven.  Maybe someone will write a Javascript
> interpreter in Python and then we can modify it to do some Python level
> excellence of traceback info.  (Yes I know about the Venkman debugger.)

I've never seen it actually done but it's not that bad idea and I've
thought about it on various occasions, mostly for the purpose of
writing robot web clients in Python that could deal with JS on
downloaded pages.  Pythoneers don't like to admit it but Python's
semantics are not that distant from JS's.