Music AI Program

Joel unimatrix001au at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 14 23:46:08 EST 2002

Hey,

    I've been trying to get a genetic algorithm program started, for
creating guitar riffs. You train it by telling it if the riff is good or
bad, and what notes make it sound good or bad, and it adjusts its algorithms
accordingly. It selects different scales and styles, different moods etc.

    I'm trying to find a way to give the computer all the strings. I've
tried variables such as e4=4 for E string fret 4, with a dummy value of
4...all 22 of them for every string, but I'm not really sure what would work
best. I only finished a Python tutorial a few weeks back!

    If anyone has any ideas, hints or help on declaring the strings, and
what algorithms to use and how to specify scales in relation to the strings
and frets, feel free to email me or put it here. I chose this as a project
because I think it would be a fun thing to do, would force me to learn, and
get used to the Python community. I've only found a few source files for
anything to do with Python AI, so any other Python AI resources would be
appreciated. I'm still trying to figure out ways to do things, but I'm
hoping this will work out well.

Thankyou in advance for any help,

Joel Falconer-Try
Highland Studios