Console I/O

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Thu Dec 26 19:33:03 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gillou" <nospam at bigfoot.com>

> "Simon Turvey" <turveysp at removethis.ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message
de
> news: U2HO9.12292$6o3.869097 at newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net...
> > Hi all,
> >     I've had a look round but cannot find a satisfactory answer to the
> > following question:  What's the best way of doing non-trivial (but not
> > complex) console I/O in Python?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >     Simon
> >

> Perhaps the standard packages readline, rlcompleter and curses will be of
> some help.
>
> --Gilles

IME most programmers who look for "console I/O" are using
Windows (some kind thereof anyway).  The effbot has a package
called console over at effbot.org (URL not handy) and my
WConio is at http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/wconio.html.

Note that there is a bug in the cgets() handling of non-ascii
keys in the current version; nobody has reported it though...

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net