12 years of Python and only at v2.2

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Dec 5 20:16:56 EST 2002

Tim Peters wrote:

> That is, you don't need reals, you just need lexicographic ordering on
> tuples.

Oh, of course.  I was speaking of the rigorous mathematical case, where
you'd have to define a mapping into the reals.  In mathematics, you
don't even have orderings defined over n-tuples, much less m- and
n-tuples, where m != n.  Even Python tips its hat to this fact, since
doing ordering comparisons on complex numbers raises an exception.

I was speaking abstractly about mathematics, not about Python.

/  \ A father is a thousand schoolmasters.
\__/ Louis Nizer
    Bosskey.net: Aliens vs. Predator 2 / http://www.bosskey.net/avp2/
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.