Python/Jython issues

VLP vlprasad at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 20:42:31 EST 2002

I am trying to write an app that will work on both
Python and Jython (need Jython because eventually I
will need to interface the app to a Java API).

Am using Python2.2 and Jython2.1 on WinXP - using std
distributions in both cases, with only change being
the addition of strptime module from Python Cookbook.

strptime pure Python implementation from Python
Cookbook cannot be imported in Jython. It uses a
"property()" function that is unavailable to Jython
looks like. This same code works very well in Python.
Anyone know where I can find a version of strptime
that works with both? (or a way to get "property"
working in Jython?)

Regards,
VLP