Wet Dream--python to native compiler

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Wed Dec 11 21:56:13 EST 2002

> Has anyone used Psycho or Pyrex enough to critique/recommend it?
>
> What are the technical reasons for the difficulty of having a native code
> compiler similar to what certain implementations of Lisp enjoy?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

As I recall, last time we discussed this, we decided that the lack of
an army of grad students at a time when it was possible to get a
Masters or a Phd for writing a compiler was responsible.  Google
can probably help find the other reasons we came up with as well.

Pyrex is fun.  I've not used it for anything more than amusing me, but
it does that job _superbly_.

Laura Creighton