What IDE would you suggest...

Cy Edmunds cedmunds at NOSPAM.rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 20:33:07 EST 2002

"sashan" <sashang at nospam.ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
news:asfbrs$kmf$1 at lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Meehan, Francois wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I want to use an IDE for my python programming. I need it to work on my
> >win2k workstation.   I tried Eric, but it would not work (missing dll's).
> >have install Wing Ide, I will give it a try but it is not cheap...  Is
there
> >alternatives, what would you suggest?
> >
> Try this:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boa-constructor/

I tried to install this but this error comes up:

  File "C:\PYTHON22\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\html.py", line 609, in
__init__
    self.this = apply(htmlc.new_wxHtmlWindow,_args,_kwargs)
TypeError: 'flags' is an invalid keyword argument for this function
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in
ignored
20:27:26: Debug: c:\projects\wx\src\msw\app.cpp(439):
'UnregisterClass(canvas)'
failed with error 0x00000584 (class still has open windows.).

Any ideas?