Help With Button Layout

Kenneth Gomez kennethg at pd.jaring.my
Tue Dec 10 10:43:22 EST 2002

Hello Norman,

Thank you very much for your advise.

The reason why I went with the Grid manager was because the books that
I had read said that the Grid was far more superior than the Pack
manager. I had, during the construction of my GUI, wondered if the
Pack would be more suitable. Let me have a go at the pack manager.

Thanks for the tip on putting borders around the canvas. The only was
I knew of seeing where the borders of my canvases were was to play
around with the columspan of my Entry row at the bottom of the GUI. A
very crude method.

Thanks for the insight. I'll try it and have a go.

Just one more question, if I may. Is it easy to make, let's say a
point, highlight itself if my mouse moves over it? I am thinking of
snapping to object, like MS Word has when I want to draw a line
between two point, when my mouse clicks on the Line icon and the moves
close to the first point, the point should highlight itself and when I
click near it, it should be selected. Will this be easy to implement?
I would just like to know the ideas on how to implement it

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,
Kenneth.