Large Array Handling

Richard Pasco richardpasco at quintessa.org
Fri Dec 13 06:36:39 EST 2002

I am fairly new to python and was wondering about its possibilities. I want
to make a boxing management game, and on starting the game i need to
populate the list of boxers. I was wondering how python will handle a large
array of length 1000 * 20. In a fight situation, I will need the array's
data for two fighters so rather than make the whole list global I should
make a new array just holding the two fighters stats and pass that correct?
Or will python be ok handling this size of information?
Of course when I mean can it handle I mean both can it physically handle it
and will the access speed be low enough to prevent long pauses in game play?