Python_Sightings_?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 04:58:58 EST 2002

In article <wWcL9.75507$hw3.11171 at sccrnsc04>, Kevin at Cazabon.com
<kevin at cazabon.com> writes
>Wouldn't that kinda defeat the point of ANY programming language though?
>Does the user care if it is written in Python vs. Java?
>
>In the long run, as long as it's a good app and functional, the user
>SHOULDN'T have to care... that's your job as a programmer.
>
>Just stirring the pot...
>
>K.
..... I kind of disagree, programming in wonderful language X may
produce a working app, but there may be other considerations that make
working apps in X less desirable than an implementation in Y. Typically
maintainability is used to require that a 'popular' language is used. If
language X only lives on BongoCorp Turbinator 9 machines it may have
implications about portability etc etc.
--
Robin Becker