Differential equations

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Dec 11 20:23:23 EST 2002

Fernando Pérez wrote:

> At which point you realize you're a loooong way from beating
> Mathematica &
> friends :)  That's why I suggested to the OP that he look into ways of
> calling the 'big boys' from within his python code.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.  After a little bit of experimentation,
one will come to realize that the basics are straightforward, but
getting everything nice and pretty is a monumental task.  And, as you
say, there are applications that are dedicated to doing the job much
better than you could.

Still, writing a symbolic differentiator is a fun and useful project.
It's still a standard problem given to pretty much all Prolog students,
for instance.

/  \ Yes I'm / Learning from falling down / Heavily
\__/ Lamya
    PyUID / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/uid/
 A module for generating "unique" IDs in Python.