Newbie Using "Programming Python" 1st Ed. Question

mowestusa justnotworking at mail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:45:22 EST 2002

Cameron,
You are right.  Those are the kind of activities that I would like to do
with Python.  I would like to learn to do those tasks and others that would
manipulate the text that I get off of the web.  Also I would like to write
simple little utilities that automate some of the things I need to remember
to do now or have to do through a long process.  I have so many little
utilities (mostly freeware) to do things that I would like to be able to
just write a quick little program that fits my situation and does the little
job I need done.

The online book on text processing looks like something that will interest
me.  I'm going to read that, thanks for the link.  As far as the web stuff I
was considering, I don't want a full blown cgi server side program.  I would
like to just make popup boxes and buttons that have little functions (these
are things that VBScript and Javascript have a corner market on, unless a
small Python add-in can be created for IE and other browsers).  I know I can
use Python for this on my machine with the ActiveState installation for
Windows.  I wasn't looking for a whole webserver situation.  Also I was
looking at Python to speed up some of my HTML editing and automate the
uploading process.  These things I invision as command-line programs.

mowestusa

news:uvuj3talirgnb6 at corp.supernews.com...