Using Python to develop web sites

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Dec 10 22:26:51 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 13:32, Michel Combe wrote:
> I'm thinking to use Python to develop web-sites (e-commerce like).
>
> I've done it already with PHP but I'm sick of <TR><TD></TD><TR> type of
> programming.
> I'm having a look at HTMLgen and I would like to get your opinion on the
> best tools which could help me write the HTML code.

I would recommend starting here:
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

I myself use Webware and Cheetah, though with many presentation-light
projects I use Webware alone.  Python's native text handling
capabilities are much better than PHP's, which is ironic since PHP is
*all about* text processing.

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb at colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com