shot in the dark | RH 7.3 | python & up2date

evan.cooch at NOSPAMcornell.edu evan.cooch at NOSPAMcornell.edu
Thu Dec 5 11:16:07 EST 2002

This has nothing to do with programming in Python (so apologies in
advance, and please set your flame throwers to stun only), but I'm
guessing (hoping) someone out there has run into this, and can offer a
solution. I'm running RH 7.3, and recently upgraded from python 1.5.2
to python 2.x.x - I'm going to be re-writing some perl scripts I use
in python, and figured might as well upgrade the version I had.

Hmmm...now the problem. Turns out the RH's autoupdate utility
(up2date) seems to be critically dependent on 'something' to do with
python, since it no longer works at all.

Has anyone run into this, and (more improtant) anyone have a soluton?

Thanks!