New emoticons (was Re: Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Dec 21 02:24:30 EST 2002

Cliff Wells wrote:

> That being said, resorting to puerile vulgarities* tends
> to make you look bad rather than the person they were aimed at.

> *Unless they are fart jokes, which are irresistably funny to everyone.

On that topic, what's the emoticon for a fart?

I suppose one could use the traditional smiley, if it were a particularly
satisfying one, but one would think such a common human, uh, "emotion"
deserved it's own symbol in the new electronic medium...

%-|  just looks constipated, if you ask me...

-Peter