Python/Jython - socket.SOL_SOCKET

Ype Kingma ykingma at accessforall.nl
Thu Dec 19 13:47:10 EST 2002

VLP wrote:

> Very intriguiging problem with SOL_SOCKET in socket
> module in Jython. If I do a "from socket import *", I
> cannot find SOL_SOCKET in my namespace... but if I do
> a "import socket", I can find socket.SOL_SOCKET -  No
> such problem in Python. Anyone faced this stuff
> before? Know any fixes? (other than hard-coding an
> assignment to SOL_SOCKET in my module!!).

The Lib/socket.py module that comes with jython contains
the assignment:

__all__ = ['AF_INET', 'SOCK_DGRAM', 'SOCK_RAW', 'SOCK_RDM',
'SOCK_SEQPACKET',
           'SOCK_STREAM', 'SocketType', 'error', 'getfqdn', 'gethostbyaddr',
           'gethostbyname', 'gethostname', 'socket']

You can fix the bug by adding 'SOL_SOCKET' there.

Regards,
Ype