PythonWin - ActiveState 2.2.2 - problem

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com
Thu Dec 5 13:35:30 EST 2002

"Bror Johansson" <bror.johansson at avionics.saab.se> wrote in message
news:asnlik$6vg$1 at newstoo.ericsson.se...
> After having installed the new Build 224 from ActiveState I see a
unexpected
> behaviour from the debugger in PythonWin IDE.
>
> After loading a .py-file (functioning correctly when invoked from cmd line
> in Win NT4 and also perfectly working from the IDE in 'No debugging'-mode)
> the execution immediately stops in debugger.py:923(_doexec) - tracing back
> to debugger.py:582(run), when started in any of 'StepThrough' or
> 'RunInDebugger' modes. Stepping further or continuing hangs the debugger.
> "Break into running code" works however.
>
> Previous versions did not behave like this - to me anyway.
>
> Suggestions, anyone?

FWIW, I see exactly this behavior on my XP laptop, but on my Win2K Desktop
machine, PythonWin behaves as it always has (i.e., correctly). Both are now
running ActivePython 2.2.2 (224).

There's no traceback or other error, it's just that pressing F5 (or pressing
the 'run' toolbar button) immediately opens debugger.py and places the >
execution cursor on the _doexec function.