'foot' controlled loop in python ??

Axel Kowald kowald at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Dec 2 07:54:12 EST 2002

Hi,
I got recently into Python and I like it a lot. However, I haven't found
a loop contruct that is 'foot' controlled, i.e. something like 'do
until' or 'repeat while'. Am I overlooking something or is there no such
thing ?

And if not maybe that could be a suggestion for Python 2.3 ?? Often I
want to enter a loop at least once and can only decide if  I want to
continue when I'm inside the loop. Without a 'foot' controlled loop it's
somewhat awkward to program such a behaviour.

    Axel Kowald