convert currency to words

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Tue Dec 31 07:47:19 EST 2002

According to Min <sweet41080 at hotmail.com>:
> I'm having problem in developing a program to convert currency to english
> words.  Example: $123.90 - One hundred twenty three dollars and ninety
> cents Are there anybody that already has developed the program?  Thanks
> for the help.

I haven't seen this in Python, but IIRC the programming textbook "Simply
Scheme" has a chapter (or at least a few sections) on converting numbers to
English words.

The code is Scheme, of course, but perhaps the algorithm is explained so
you can easily (heh) express it in Python.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com> * http://www.netmemetic.com