Simple Gui for Data entry...

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Mon Dec 16 14:46:36 EST 2002

Meehan, Francois wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a script where I need to validate a bit of data by the user.
> So, I have some values, then I need to send a window with them, have the
> user to override the info if need be.
>
> Good or bad, I decided to use Pmw, as it seemed to be easy to use.  I used
> easygui before, but could not find out how to have multiple entry fields
> plus and exit button in a single window.

I wrote a simple data entry tool for generating command lines that does
most of what you want.  It is called QGui and you can find it at the
bottom of the page:

http://staffa.wi.mit.edu/people/kelley/

Attached is a taste of how I use it.

If there is some desire, I will include Validators that have minimum and
maximum values.