Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language

Aaron K. Johnson akjmicro at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 10:15:26 EST 2002

In message <3E03AFBC.293967DD at alcyone.com>, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> "Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:
>
> > Do you think I care to make friends with people who insult before
> > choosing to
> > understand, or who question my ability to 'breathe by myself'?
> >
> > I'm not a christian, so I don't 'turn the other cheek'. Anyone who
> > hits me gets
> > hit back hard.
>
> Whether or not you were responding in kind or your response was
> warranted or even justified (none of which I'll grant), the point is
> that you didn't reply by mail only to your detractor, you posted your
> response publicly for everyone in the comp.lang.python newsgroup/Python
> mailing list (they're gated to each other) to see.
>
> Regardless of what perceived wrongs you think have been done, a response
> like that reflects badly on _you_.

Points taken. Sorry for subjecting you.

Although I was wrong, and overtly strong in my response, I thought CLP was
filled with those who might correct Mr. Foley as well.

Instead, it seems that some people enjoy/accept an obnoxious culture of subtle
insults flying in 'friendly' fashion.

I just don't define friendly in those terms, and take offense.

Best,
aaron.